Thursday, July 1, 2010

One Week and Counting

The tickets are purchased...the plans are not finalized, but hey, we know when it is, where it is, and who's going: one week until the Weird Al concert, baby!

I have also prepared a sign in binary with its English translation (because the binary turned out a little on the small side) with which to be photographed. I'll post it after the concert's over, but it's a shout-out to He Who Could Not Go With that I intend to e-mail from my iPhone just before the concert begins.

FTR, I am truly sorry that he's not going, because it's about the most neutral available ground in Nerd World short of some kind of Con and also because he's a lifelong fan. Really, you can't fall over your own feet or strangle on your words if you're shrieking "Dare to Be Stupid" at the top of your lungs- and it's impossible to rehash the drama of twenty-odd years ago when you're distracted by the faux mosh pit that accompanies "Smells Like Nirvana".

Now I've only got a week to figure out what I'm going to wear. I may be a geek, but I'm still a she-geek and I do care about the appropriateness of my outfit to the occasion!

No comments: